Saturday, February 11, 2012

What is the best scenic route from Orlando to Tallahassee?

Hello, I'm driving from Orlando to Tallahassee and I want to know some nice scenic routes to take. Thanks!What is the best scenic route from Orlando to Tallahassee?
Driving out of Orlando, the Turnpike itself is about as scenic as it gets with views of hills valleys, lakes, etc. I would stick to the Turnpike to US-27. Then you have a Choice. You can take US 27 all the way to Tallahassee with many beautiful sections - Lakes, Farms, Horse country around Ocala - but lots and lots of things to slow you down - Little towns, traffic, stoplights. It will make a 4 hour trip easily 5 and half hours.



Another Option is to stck to the Turnpike and I-75., I-10 and make a few Stops - Micanopy, Paines Prairie, Cross Creek, Devils Mill Hopper, Swanee river St. Park.
10 east to 75 south. south on the turnpike (the toll is $125) to rt 27 south. 192 east to the park entrance.



don't take rt 27 from Ocala. you go through lots of little towns %26amp; cities with lots of traffic lights. it takes more than twice as long to get there.What is the best scenic route from Orlando to Tallahassee?
There is no such thing as a "scenic route" from Orlando to Tallahassee, unless you go clear over to the coast and follow along that narrow road.. and even THEN you won't see much water.
I second going Turnpike/ I-75 / US 27 out of Ocala. There are some boring stretches but it beats the monotony of I-75 to I-10. The roads are mostly 4 lane with 65mph limits now also.

No comments:

Post a Comment