Friday, March 9, 2012

Austin or Tallahassee - which one should i pick?

I am a Chinese student. I have no idea on American cities. I have recieved two offers from Uni of Texas at Austin and Florida State Uni at Tallahassee ( The major is sport management). Except considering their rankings or levels, I wanna know something about these two cities-Austin and Tallahasse. Which one is nearly a metropolis and is more modern? In which one there are more opportunities to hunt jobs? And any other information about them can help me make the final decision. Thank u!!Austin or Tallahassee - which one should i pick?
Well, being a U of F Gator fan, I would say move to Gainseville. HAHA! If you're looking for a school that is near a metropolis then UT is the place! I spent a lot of time in Austin and let me tell you....It is one of the greatest cities in America! HANDS DOWN! If you like the social scene, 6th street, which is downtown and not far from the main campus is amazing! There's every kind of club/restaurant for every kind of taste! It is a very clean city and the job opportunities are tremendous!! It's a big city with out being TOO BIG! You'd love it! UT is a top-notch school!!



FSU, though it pains me to say it, is a phenominal University! I couldn't emphasize that enough! One of the best in the nation! Tallahasse is the capital of florida, but it is not a big city! I've been thru it a few times and have plenty of friends who went there who love it!



I would have to say that if you want oportunities in the job market, UT in Austin is your place. If you intend to stay there after college, that is..Austin or Tallahassee - which one should i pick?
Pick Texas.

Texas is sprawling and there is a lot of opportunity there right now. Florida relies largely on tourism and with a slumping economy, jobs are likely to be a bit more scarce.

No comments:

Post a Comment