Saturday, March 3, 2012

Am I crazy to relocate from Boston MA to Tallahassee FL.?

I have always wanted to move to Florida now, it is all I think about. I research Tallahassee all day ! is is naive to think that I could pack up and relocate successfully. I am married and have 2 grown children - college age.Am I crazy to relocate from Boston MA to Tallahassee FL.?
I have moved on impulse in the past and it has always turned out to be a huge mistake so I caution you to go slowly on this. I think you should visit there a few times and go during different times of the year (I wish I had!). My sister moved from Boston to Fl but had only been there during the winter-it turns out that she can't stand the heat and humidity in July and August so she returns to New England for the summer. Two other things come to mind: work and college. The pay scale there is much less than in Boston so if you plan to work be prepared to receive a smaller paycheck and possibly fewer benefits. The cost of living might be less there but you get less in terms of community services,education and health care. If your children are at a MA state school and they could lose their residency benefit. So proceed with caution. This has been a very long winter so thinking about FL takes on a dreamy quality.

I hope this helps.
i hope you like the klan. there is a large klan population in tallahassee. actually, the largest in the state.Am I crazy to relocate from Boston MA to Tallahassee FL.?
Sounds like a good idea to me. Bonne Chance Capitan

No comments:

Post a Comment