Saturday, March 3, 2012

I will be in downtown Tallahassee for 4 hours in the afternoon. What is there to do or eat?! Help me!?

I am taking a bus to Tallahassee, and will be waiting for my sister to pick me up on her way downstate- She won't be around for at least four hours. What can I do in downtown Tallahassee as far as eating, drinking, shopping, etc? Is there a movie theatre close by? I won't have any transportation, other than walking on foot, and I love good food and vintage shops... in case that's helpful.I will be in downtown Tallahassee for 4 hours in the afternoon. What is there to do or eat?! Help me!?
For food try Andrew's Capital Grill http://www.andrewsdowntown.com/capitalgr鈥?/a>

Sit outside if it's a nice day!

There is a cool vintage shop called Avant Garb at Gaines and Railroad, look it up on a map.

You can go up to the observation deck in the top of the capital and look around the city, for free.

There is an IMAX theatre downtown, but i don't know if they'd be showing anything while you're there. http://www.challengertlh.com/imax/imax.h鈥?/a>

email me if you want any more ideas mcg07c@fsu.edu i'm very familiar with tallahassee
About 4 to 5 blocks south of the terminal is Downtown with coffee shops, restaurants, science museum, vintage type shops and just a couple of more blocks is the capital. Great exhibitions and art work or just a tour of the buildings. Enjoy...it's a pretty city and that part is walkable with shady sidewalks - huge oaks.I will be in downtown Tallahassee for 4 hours in the afternoon. What is there to do or eat?! Help me!?
Little shops have yummy to my tummy stuff
When you step out the front door of the Tallahassee Greyhound Bus Station you will be facing south.



Do not walk too far to the west; Florida State University, 100 or more collage bars, homeless and the south end of a repressed area of Tallahassee (Frenchtown).



To your right (west) you will find a northbound one way road, Duval Street. Walk southbound.



After Call Street you will see the public library on your right.



Just as you cross Collage Avenue you will not be able to miss the I-Max theater.



I-Max is on Kleman Plaza.



There is an underground five-level parking garage. At the top (ground) level by the elevator you will find a small clear rack with visitor maps and a small magazine or visitors.



If this is empty, go down one level to the Republic Parking office. Ask for a map and a Tallahassee Guide.



I work night security in the five-level lot. So if you would like to say hello for me, please drop me an e-mail and I will give you the names of the people that work there.



Southern part of the plaza is a museum. Across from the I-Max are two eating establishments (Harry鈥檚 and 101). There will be a small coffee shop as well. All of them are expensive (for me at least).



One block to the east on Adams Street there is Andrews. Governor鈥檚 Club is for the highest of the high and almighty of Tallahassee.



Another block east is Monroe Street, the main drag north and south for Tallahassee.



The small stores have been long overrun by lawyers, lobbyists, and small businesses.



If you want a real good southern town with small stores on main streets you can walk, that will be Thomasville, Georgia one hour to the north.



Any more questions please drop us an e-mail. Please make sure that the subject line is long so it stands out from the spam.



Todd E. Tornow

Night Security Kleman Plaza parking garage

tetornow@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment