Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Anyone got advise for someone thinking of moving to Tallahassee?

Just wondering if I would like it there. I've always lived on the west coast(oregon) and I recently started looking into the cost of living elsewhere and its a lot lower, well in a lot of places, but I've always wanted to move to Florida.Anyone got advise for someone thinking of moving to Tallahassee?
I've lived in Tallahassee my whole life since I was 2 years old. Tallahassee has it's ups and downs. It's a alright place to live but I think the city doesn't offer much as entertainment goes. The school system is not that great but we do have a couple good schools but they cost some money to go there. I feel for adults this is a great place to live but after living here I wouldn't raise my children here because there is nothing to do here and all the kids get in to trobule. 40% of people who live in Tally are state employees. I use to be one. I now live in wakulla county south of Tally and closer to the coast. We moved because the cost of news homes were cheaper and school systems are great and rated much higher than Leon county. Wakulla county is 20 minutes from leon so we are very close to go to the stores, doctors, etc. I would reccomend that you come for a visit a few times and check it out and see if you like it.
tallahassee is the florida capitol of the kkk. really.Anyone got advise for someone thinking of moving to Tallahassee?
The weather is generally nice. We're far enough inland we don't get hit too hard by hurricanes but we're still close enough to the Gulf to swim, surf, and sun. It's a pretty town: growing but not too fast.



For educational purposes, we have Barry University School of Adult and Continuing Education; Flagler College-Tallahassee Campus; Florida A%26amp;M University; Florida State University; Keiser University; Lewis M. Lively Area Vocational-Technical School; and Tallahassee Community College.



Go online and look it up.
Do you have a choice?



It may be the State Capital but you would be excused for not noticing.



There are far nicer places in Florida than Tallahassee, even fairly close by.



Best avoided by tourists as it has nothing to offer them only some bad and very overpriced hotels.



Worse branded hotel I ever stayed in was in Tallahassee last year.



Love Florida, worse place I have visited was Tallahassee!!!!!!!!! and I have travelled the length and breadth of Florida over the last few years.



Sorry if you have to move there, my advice, go and see it for yourself before making a decision, you may find a part you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment