Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Where in the Tallahassee region can I find Boiled Peanuts?

I just had a craving for boiled peanuts and i've been searching all over and cant seem to find any. We have all gas stations like Shell/Sunoco/Chevron/etc.. anyone know where i can find some boiled peanuts?Where in the Tallahassee region can I find Boiled Peanuts?
Boil them at home in your kitchen.

It's easy, and you'll be able to have boiled peanuts whenever you want. Many grocery stores sell dried raw peanuts, Walmart carries them in some regions. I order my raw peanuts online from Amazon (Sunland brand raw Valencia peanuts).

You can boil peanuts in an open pot on the stove, in a slow cooker (crock pot), or a pressure cooker (saves many hours of boiling). Those of us that have moved away from peanut growing areas either have to boil our own peanuts, or order canned boiled peanuts. Canned boiled peanuts are a poor substitute for fresh boiled peanuts.

Boil a large batch at one time and freeze the extras in ziploc bags. Thaw the frozen boiled peanuts in the refrigerator or reheat them in a pot of salt water on the stove whenever you want some.

Learn all you need to know at http://www.boiled-peanut-world.com/how-t鈥?/a>Where in the Tallahassee region can I find Boiled Peanuts?
I live in Wisconsin, but was born and raised in Florida. I was amazed to see that Walmart actually carries canned boiled peanuts!! I saw them in the store last week. I'm sure they are not as good as the ones you can buy on the side of the roads from those huge kettles, but in a pinch they might satisfy a craving!



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment